Volunteering at Edible Schoolyard New Orleans
Each year over 500 volunteers donate their time and talent to help nurture Edible Schoolyard New Orleans' five school gardens and keep teacher-to-student ratios low so we can offer hands-on edible education to 3,100 students across the city. We absolutely couldn’t do what we do without our network of volunteers.
Whether you can commit one hour per week or forty, we can use your talents. Here are the volunteer opportunities we regularly offer:
- Assisting in garden education classes
- Assisting in kitchen education classes
- Garden maintenance (weeding, watering, harvesting crops, composting)
- Helping with Special Events
- Garden Service projects for groups