ESYNOLA Mission and Vision
Edible Schoolyard New Orleans envisions generations of New Orleans children who have healthy relationships with food, the natural world, themselves, and their community.
To teach children to make healthy connections through food. Our aim is to ensure the long-term well being of students, families, and school communities by:
- Integrating hands-on kitchen and garden classes into the school curriculum and culture
- Inviting students, families, and the community to experience local food through joyful events involving chefs, farmers, and community partners
- Supporting core academic learning in garden and kitchen learning environments
- Maintaining beautiful school gardens that stimulate students' curiosity and desire to learn about the natural world
- Cultivating safe spaces for social and emotional development
- Collaborating to provide healthy nutritious food in welcoming school cafeterias
OUR VALUES:These are the cornerstone of the edible experience at FirstLine Schools:
- Food education is taught in conjunction with core academics.
- Children learn by doing.
- Health and wellness contribute to the success of the whole child.
- Beauty is the language of caring.
- Local farms and sustainable farming practices are an important part of our past and future.
- School food reform supports the education and wellness of the whole child.
- Families and communities are a vital part of our recipe for succes.