Recipes: some Edible Schoolyard New Orleans favorites
Garden Greens and Artichoke Dip
This recipe was made by Joseph Clark Preparatory High School's Culinary Club with kale from their aeroponics towers!
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
2 cups chopped kale
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 small shallots, diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1 cup Greek Yogurt
3 tbsp Romano cheese, plus extra for on top
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a sauté pan, heat the shallots and olive oil on medium. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the greens, artichokes, and the seasonings and cook for 3-4 minutes, just enough to wilt the kale.
- Remove from heat and in a large bowl combine the kale/artichoke mixture with the yogurt and cheese.
- Stir until well incorporated and place in an oven safe dish
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately with carrot sticks, celery sticks, or whole grain crackers.