Recipes: some Edible Schoolyard New Orleans favorites
Satsuma SlawA lovely slaw recipe, perfect for a winter barbecue in Louisiana.
Slaw1 head of cabbage, core removed, shredded
4 carrots, peeled
4 green onions, sliced thin
6 satsumas, peeled and segmented
Dressing1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp hot sauce
1/4 creole mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. Peel exterior of carrots and dispose of peelings. Continue to peel carrots making ribbons.
3. Mix shredded cabbage, green onions, carrot ribbons, and satsuma segments together.
4. Add dressing to cabbage mixture and mix well.
5. Add salt and pepper until desired taste.