Recipes: some Edible Schoolyard New Orleans favorites
Roasted Sweet Potato SalsaPerfectly sweet and hot.
Category: Starters & Sides
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled/chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tomato, cored and chopped
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
2 green onions, minced (green and white part)
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
Juice and zest of 1 large lime (about 2 tbsp)
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, venegar, chili powder, and cumin and spread in one layer on a large, rimmed baking pan.
3. Place int the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until the potatoes are golden brown and soft. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. In a medium bowl, place the tomato, red pepper, jalapenos, scallions, cilantro, and lime juice and zest with the sweet potatoes; toss until combined.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm with eggs, tostadas, grilled steak, or chicken.