An Edible Evening 2016
ESYNOLA's major annual fundraising event, An Edible Evening, took place on Thursday, April 14, 2016. Despite impending showers, nearly 1,000 participants took our "garden party under the stars" to the next level!
Root and Square Root
LATE WAVE PARTY
The Murphy Foundation
Anonymous Friend of FirstLine
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
All proceeds from this event supported ESYNOLA's garden, kitchen, and wellness education programming at five FirstLine Schools by:
- Doubling the produce grown and distributed to children and families
- Piloting our first garden therapeutics program at Langston Hughes Academy
- Expanding STEM for Ashe 3rd and 4th graders in the garden and kitchen, anchored by a new greenhouse and outdoor classroom built this winter
- Adding garden-science classes that include water education lessons for elementary students at Phillis Wheatley
- Developing Clark Prep’s culinary, garden and leadership skill-building for high school students, centered around five aeroponics towers
- Documenting our effective gardening and culinary curricula and events for students and families, so others may replicate our model
- Continuing to collect data that measure the impact of our innovative food education programming.
Please contact Alisha Johnson if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at An Edible Evening 2017!